Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Beautiful Boy: Andrej Pejic






Image: Models.com

It seems that in 2011 we'll continue to see the rise and rise of Serbian-Australian model, Andrej Pejic.

His long platinum locks, angular cheekbones and full pout first had everyone saying, 'Hey, dude looks like a lady!' at the Paris mens shows in June. Since then he has booked editorials in Vogue Italia, Vogue Paris, and appeared in Jean Paul Gaultier's SS11 campaign. Yesterday WWD also reported that Pejic has just wrapped up shooting Marc by Marc Jacobs' SS11 campaign.

In just a few short months, Pejic has swiftly challenged concepts of beauty - both male and female - and extreme androgyny.

What's your take on the 'femiman' look? Constructively controversial and challenging? Or just cross-dressing?

Ps: Don't forget to enter my decadent Pamper Pack giveaway from The Aromatherapy Co!

9 comments:

  1. Androgyny in fashion is nothing new but Andrej is unusual in that he needs nothing more than a shadowy angle to make the viewer double take at his gender. The controversy over his looks prove that gender stereotyping is still rampant - responses to a news.com.au article (by insecure men?) were simply appalling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an incredible look he has...and is simply making the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg I didnt understand this was a boy....so darng and risk taking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure what I think. I don't really see him as androgynous, but definitely female.
    Sheesh, I keep typing things and erasing them as I can't put it into words properly. He certainly doesn't look very Aussie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that he takes androgyny beyond where is normally sits - I'm still looking at the photos thinking "really, are you sure?" He looks very much like the female cat-walk models. perhaps they're also walking an androgynous line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of him before, interesting photographs ☼

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Thanks for sharing -- love the boundary pushing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am reminded of Marilyn (Peter Anthony Robinson) - who I LOVED as a kid, he was so beautiful to me - when looking at these photos. Do you remember him? "Calling Your Name" was his most popular song

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool find- My nine year old says he can tell he's a boy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails