Tuesday, November 30, 2010

We're Really Doing It


Jeff and Heath are two mates who have just spent 53 days riding their bicycles from LA to New York City.

Funnily enough, they don't even really like riding a bike but decided to embark on this adventure simply to "do something really random and new."

"For some people their biggest fear is leading a boring life (including me and lots of others I know), so they end up making certain decisions based solely on the fact that they don't want to miss out. There will always be a part of me that just wants to say yes to anything that sounds crazy, so that what I did," explains Jeff.

While their cross-country trip has now finished, it's worth spending a bit of time looking through their blog. Not only is it a damn good read, it's also a reminder that there are two types of people in this world - doers and watchers.

7 comments:

  1. Amazing story!!!!! thats a beautiful adventure!!!
    Freesia

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! i would love to do a road trip in the states but this could be more fun.

    my boyfriend and i rode bikes from amsterdam to montenegro and it was the best thing we ever did. i didn't even like bike riding that much but decided it could be a fun adventure.
    best decision we ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool. I could never do this but I love reading about it!

    http://ashleyanderic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is unbelievable and awesome! I am so jealous at their ability to just pick up their lives and do something extraordinary! Tell them congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, that is just amazing!
    so inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to do something like that. My boyfriend and I have dreams of biking down the west coast from Vancouver into Mexico. To be honest we'll probably end up driving it and that will likely be adventure enough.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails