Friday, November 12, 2010

Five Alive Friday


One of my favourite poets, Robert Frost, once said, "The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop until you get into the office." So, if you're trying to cruise on through to the weekend in neutral - here's five links to pass the time while you zone out! Enjoy...
  1. This video of a New Orleans amusement park that never reopened after Hurricane Katrina is as haunting as you'd expect.
  2. Great design. Even better concept. I Can't Find My Phone is a genius website that will call you when your mobile goes missing.
  3. There's no question, running a marathon takes an incredible amount of preparation. Check out this amazing insight into what five top athletes from last weekend's New York Marathon had as their pre-race meal.
  4. There's nothing worse than overselling a laugh - but this video of 25 years of Oprah yelling out celebrities names had me doubled over!
  5. Heading to IKEA this weekend? Then you might like to hit up mykea - a niffty little site that makes your IKEA furniture more beautiful, unique and personal.
P.S. Don't forget that you have until midnight Sunday to enter this week's giveaway!

20 comments:

  1. Brilliant quote - Robert Frost rules!!

    And I love the idea of mykea - what a great concept, it's often tricky to make it look less homogenous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an amazing quote and I totally love the mykea link..I need look in those fun makeovers...Thanks,sweetie
    Have a relaxing weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that quote and totally get it as I head out the door to my "day" job. Looking forward to coming home, sitting back with a glass of wine (after taking the boys to cricket), and going through your always wonderful links! Happy Weekend. Pruxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Oprah video is the BEST!

    John Travollllllllllta is my favourite. If she could, she would travel back in time and marry him I think... Crush overload!

    Happy Friday,
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart IKEA, I can spend hours there :))

    Keep in touch :)

    Kisses
    J
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Quote...I used it yesterday on my blog! Great minds think alike! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there....just found your blog....Im your newest reader...:)

    LOVE the blog design....the posts are really great too! Nice to meet you, looking forward to seeing more:)

    Stop by and say Hello♥

    Come Join Me for Twitter Tuesday!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Robert Frost quote (and Robert Frost in general). I can't wait to check out these links, especially the mykea (yup, heading to Ikea this weekend :)).

    P.S. I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Oprah vid!! And the Robert Frost quote... oh so true!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a wonderful quote! I'm feeling that way today! Have a great weekend ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quote! Haha, totally feel that! Have a great weekend :)

    Melanie@UnravelledThreads
    Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the quote and the mykea link. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT TIPS, MR FROST WAS SPOT ON!!!
    XOXO

    Ans

    ReplyDelete
  14. woot? how amazing is mykea?! such an amazing tip :)
    enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just a reminder regarding your next giveawy. Do not forget to let me know about it. Looking forward to see what the next one will be.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, I've never seen that link for IKEA before. I'll have to check that out since we have a lot of IKEA furniture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww boo! I just missed it! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails