Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Art by Nick Cave






Don't get me wrong, I love being a mumma. But without a doubt the most tedious part of any day is the dinner/bath/story/bed witching hour. To short circuit going completely loopy, the rugrat and I have introduced a circuit breaker - while the bath is running, we look up different songs on YouTube. We have a little dance, a bit of a sing, bang out a beat on the desk, and all of a sudden witching hour isn't nearly as bad.

Monday night, we chased down a bit of Curtis Mayfield. And last night he sat mesmerised on my knee as I showed him The Ship Song and Into my Arms by Nick Cave.

After I put him into bed, I continued fossicking around online for all things Nick Cave. While I've always known Cave is an amazing songwriter, musician and performer, I discovered that he has another string to his bow - artist. His pieces tend to fall into two categories that most of us are curious about - the sacred and profane.

I guess witching hour is good for something after all...

4 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JquzYr-5bE4

    Have you seen this video for Nature Boy? It's so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Nova! I hadn't seen that track before...
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The look pretty cool, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails