Wednesday, November 10, 2010

'A Trophy' from Tobias Cummings


I'm a little bit old school. I don't download music, as I much prefer to hold a CD. Plus, you miss out on the personality of an album - its cover art and booklet - when you download.

Anyway, the newest CD that's been added to my collection is a little treasure called A Trophy by Melbourne singer/songwriter Tobias Cummings.

Something of a master storyteller, Cummings also has the vocal chops to make A Trophy one of the most sweetly crafted albums I've come across in a long time.

Graceful. Haunting. Intimate. It's under my skin.

Tobias Cummings plays at The Birmingham tonight, and The Workers Club tomorrow night.


Video: YouTube


8 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that Im not the only person who loves the CD covers...This album sounds great. I am going to check it out for sure!
    Thanks and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love cds too. plus i don't totally trust that technology will protect & preserve my music :) i guess i'm old school too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! I'm old school too, but with records instead! I love the scratchy jazz or blues albums, but they are a BITCH to move. I still, however, cannot imagine trading my boxes and boxes of records and books for a kindle and an ipod.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh i've never heard of him, but love new music and will have to chk him out:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea how to download music. Never heard of this singer before. But I shall do some research;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OO He is moody, I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love good music recommendations! He's wonderfully moody, indeed. I'm also old-timey with my CDs - glad I'm not the only one :) Thank you so much for dropping by, I love meeting new bloggers and so happy it led me to your sweet blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for turning me onto some great music--haunting is a very good description. Will love to hear more....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails