Monday, August 2, 2010

365 Days

Image: Butaho

One year ago today, I started Checks and Spots.

At the time our little boy was only four months-old and I was struggling to shake 'the fog'. Everyone said, 'Hang in there until he is 12 weeks old and it will all click into place.' But 12 weeks came and passed and I still couldn't tell my arse from my elbow! So I decided to do something just for me and start writing.

So, happy birthday to me! And thank you to you for reading. To begin with I had a grand audience of two - my mum and husband! But as the days and months have rolled by, I have made such amazing friends from near and far.

When I started out, I never imagined that this chronicle of all the things that make me look twice would bring such rich opportunities and even a career sea change.

Thanks for coming along for the ride....it means the world having you here.
x

13 comments:

  1. Thankfully you did, you put together the most wonderful pieces of inspiration. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, happy blog birthday :-) I wish I'd started sooner; I think I could have done with having this creative outlet, too, when my son was still a baby (he's already four!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday. Keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blog birthday! Congrats!
    www.poolovesboo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blog birthday! I get such a kick out of reading your blog and all the wonderful things that you manage to find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hooray! happy blog birthday! may there be many more to come :)

    Pepper x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! Congrats,sweetie on one year! Im so glad to be part of your amazing blog...I love all the posts and its always so fun to pop by:)

    Kisses and have a wonderful Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, happy blog-o-versary! I love what you do here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How meaningful. Happy one year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh shucks! Thanks for all your lovely comments....x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done angel. I am very proud of you and love you more each day

    J

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on making it to a year - all the best for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY and the biggest congrats on making it to your one year blog birthday. Its always a pleasure getting to ready your words every time I stop by. They will be even more special soon when the career sea change kicks in! Congrats to that also. You and your wonderful blog are always inspiring to me xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails