Saturday, October 30, 2010

Borne Naked Handbag Challenge

Throw a challenge my way, and I'll have a crack at it - particularly one that is called Borne Naked! Sounds risque, huh?! Actually, it is more a case of being risky. You see, it necessitated me diving into the black hole that is my handbag and giving it a good ol' fashioned sort out. Fancy seeing the results?

Welcome to the jungle! This is my handbag in all it's 'Before' glory. I'm the first to admit, that the bigger the bag, the more crap I'll stuff into it. In fact, the husband has put a boycott on fishing anything out of my bag as he thinks you need a miners hat to find anything in there!



Want to get up close and personal? This is the contents of my bag. When I laid everything out it struck me that the things in my bag reveal all the balls I juggle - there is stuff for work, stuff for Junior and a few extra bits and bobs to keep me looking presentable as I run around like a mad woman!


Remember how I said recently that I always have a few bags on the go and am forever transferring all my stuff between them? Well it looks like the handbag goddess' were listening because a Borne Naked Handbag Liner recently arrived in the mail.

This nifty little bag is designed to organise and de-clutter your handbag. It also makes transferring essentials from bag to bag a cinch....so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Voila! Who would have thought that all my stuff would fit so easily into one Handbag Liner?

And here's the 'After' shot! With everything in it's place, I'm all sorted and ready for when my next nappy bag/shopping bag/night bag changeover strikes.

Do you have everything including the kitchen sink in your handbag? What's the strangest thing you tote around?!

From $24.96; available online from Borne Naked.

8 comments:

  1. I carry a lot of things.. a mini lysol, mini febreze... I would have to do a post about it.:D

    The Borne Naked kit is a great idea, I like that it's transparent.:D

    Have a great weekend!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of those kits too, they are fab.

    Your bag is SO neat already though.

    I should do a post about mine... It's embarrasing all the junk I have :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. your before doesn't look so bad, but the after looks awesome. think i'll have to get one of those organiser thingys myself :)
    loving your white painted floor boards too!
    x captn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a magic trick!! What a great idea. Especially when you decide you want to use another bag. The big question is, will you take those extra couple of seconds to actually put the things back in that cosy liner?? Had to laugh when I looked at all your bits and pieces!! Pruxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well... SNAP! I have so many of the EXACT same items in my handbag as you do! Yes yes, I keep seeing these little Borne Naked little beaudies and I need to get my hands on one! You have inspired me... I'm off to check out the link. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use to carry EVERYTHING but I realised I was killing my shoulders so now I stick to the basics only: wallet, phone, keys, lip balm, handkerchief.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My bag is full of an amazing collection of papers and post-it notes (my fool-proof way not to forget anything), plus wallet, camera, phone, lip balm, lip stick... I actually find that moving between bags keeps everything slightly controlled as I do a bit of a clean everytime I change bags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Strangest thing might be my handy little tape measure I carry around!?
    Not to mention atm hayfever tablets, eclipse mints & even my arm warmers from winter are still hanging around! yes its a big handbag- I feel like mary poppins!
    I totally agree too, my bf often throws his keys in if we go to a restaurant and I have to fish them out or he gets too frustrated!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails