Monday, April 12, 2010

Now, Hear This...




Raphael Saadiq

Grey. Drab. The only thing making me feel better on this icy cold morning is listening to Raphael Saadiq.

About a year ago, my brother left Raphael's album, The Way I See It, by my front door. Ever since then, I find myself listening to is at least one a week....and I'm not sick of it yet!

Think Marvin Gaye meets Prince - Raphael's sound is a throwback to classic, old school Motown/soul. This triple threat singer-writer-producer, also plays every instrument on The Way I See It. And as for his vocals, well they bathe even the bleakest of days in honey!

PS: Raphael is certainly no newcomer. In fact, he was part of 80's group Toni! Tony! Tone! Now, that's a blast from the past...

3 comments:

  1. sold! i've been looking for some new tunes - much appreciated! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog & your lovely compliment.

    I remember Toni! Tony! Tone! does that make me old? but I didn't know about Raphael Saadiq.

    So lovely to hear from a fellow Aussie ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toni Tony Tone have always been a bit of a guilty pleasure (discovered way after they were popular in my teenage LP obsession) so when I first heard Raphael Saadiq had released a solo album I was thrilled. I, too, am not yet sick of his glorious music.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails