Monday, November 23, 2009

Pretty Pigeon










Pigeon Toe Ceramics

I've got a mild case of pigeon toes. When I was younger I would concentrate on walking like an over-exaggerated ballerina in the hope my feet would find some sort of middle ground between a pigeon and prima ballerina.

If I had known then what I know now - that my funny little tootsies had something in common with the makers of stop-in-your-tracks porcelain - I wouldn't have wasted so much energy on such a ridiculous caper!

Portland based, Pigeon Toe Ceramics, take two weeks to create each of their pieces. They hand throw each vessel and then embellish them by hand to create unique and organic shapes. I can just picture them grouped in a lovely little collection on our windowsill...or even in a pigeon pair!

From US$ 5.50; available online here.
Psst! Sign up to Pigeon Toe Ceramics' newsletter and get 15% off your first order.

3 comments:

  1. I adore that nesting bowl. It's gorgeous. I have a thing for ceramics. I have to be super careful. I could end up with more than I could ever use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hells yeah! i love pigeon toe ceramics stuff.. and am waiting on my own little piece to arrive in the post very soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails