Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Postcard from Bali

Postcard from Bali (Canon 5d MkII) from Stephan Kot on Vimeo.

Lately I've had Bali on my mind...and this film by French cinematographer, Stephan Kot, isn't helping one bit! Incredibly delicate and sensual, it bottles the true essence of such a magic place. In fact, there isn't a Bintang tshirt or hair braid in sight!

Interestingly, I recently stumbled across an article about Bali's challenge to contain tourist development and its booming visitor numbers. It seems you can definitely have too much of a good thing, which makes me fearful that the Bali Kot so perfectly captured, may soon be paradise lost.

3 comments:

  1. i would not mind visiting there at all, nope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Bali 3 times, last year was the most recent trip. It's definately a place that draws you back in.

    The new developments down in Kuta were insane! Seminyak is quite fancy now in parts. And the 5* hotels in Jimbaran/Nusa Dua are just getting more and more extravagant and beautiful.

    I don't know when I'll be back to Bali, but next time I go, I'm doing the north part of the island only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bali is next on my to do list, hopefully end April/May. Thanks for whetting my appetite :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails