Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Borrowing From The Boys


Trend Spotter: Brogues

Circa 1989 and I was getting about in navy blue brogues. Since then I haven't owned another pair of navy shoes nor have I been tempted to hot-foot it in brogues. Things are about to change though on the brogue front, and I blame it on Aggy. She is singlehandedly responsible for the resurgence of the menswear-inspired brogue. Flat-heeled, comfy and versatile enough to go with rolled-up jeans or a pretty summer dress, brogues are this season's take on the ballet flat.

Image: Vogue UK

My pick? These high-shine numbers by traditional brogue maker Grenson who has collaborated shoe designer of the moment, Olivia Morris. The heart-shaped cutouts and velvet laces make these the prettiest brogues on the block.

Trend or tragic? Will you be giving brogues a go?

From £300; to order call +44 020 8962 0353.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails