Tuesday, December 8, 2009

As Ace As They Get








Ace Hotel & Swim Club

I've always thought that if I could travel through time, I'd want to be taken back to a Slim Aaron's photo. His poolside images from the swinging sixties and seventies are the epitome of cool.

While time travel might not be possible, a trip to Ace Hotel & Swim Club in Palm Springs is. This ultra-chic hotel is on the grounds of a removated mid-century modern motel and is the closest thing I've seen to living the Slim Aaron's dream. Using only solar power, mainly vintage furniture, low VOC paint and recycled materials, Ace is also pretty ace in the enviro stakes.

Sigh. Wish I was there....

1 comment:

  1. i love it too.. they have a few hotels around the u.s., but i've been dreaming up excuses to go to palm springs, just so we could stay here :) i love all the iconic mid century architecture around palm springs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails