Friday, October 16, 2009

All Over the Shop

Image by Indonesian Illustrator, Nady Azhry

Shopping in Bali

Holiday Theory #1
A holiday without shopping is like the latest pics of Suri in heels - Unnatural!

While I was happy to leave the knock-off handbags and Bintang t-shirts to Kuta, I did put in a mighty effort pounding the pavement in Seminyak. Here are three of my top haunts:

SimpleKonsepStore
SimpleKonsepStore is a trendsetting emporium devoted to the classics of tomorrow. You'll find there an avant garde mix of mens, womens and kidswear; accessories; homewares; gadgets; books and music. And if that's not enough to get you through the door, then their house clothing line which reinterprets traditional Balinese silk screen techniques should sweeten the deal. Batik has never looked so good!
Jl Lesmana, No. 40 - Seminyak
Saya Gallery by Lorriane
I went weak at the knees when I came across Saya Gallery by Lorraine and it's range of sculptures, paintings and homewares. But it was their jewellery offering from local artists that truly stole my heart. Think of it as the Balinese version of e.g.etal and you get the picture. Anyway, the mesh bracelet I bought there hasn't left my wrist and I keep pining for four other pieces that I wish I had purchased. Sigh.
Jl. Laksmana, No. 12x - Seminyak

The Prisoners of St. Petersburg
Sometimes it seems that no matter which country you're in, each shop is filled with the same old same old. Not so with The Prisoner's of St. Petersburg. In fact, I almost needed another suitcase after I had finished with this treasure trove! While it might be small in size, The Prisoners of St. Petersburg seriously punches above it's weight in the fashion stakes. Refreshing designs and unexpected fabrics at reasonable prices. What more could you want?
Jl. Laksmana, No. 42 - Seminyak

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails